Sunday, 05 February 2012 | Designer
Speaking of code using a wider range of typography for website heading & body text is becoming more common. Faster download speeds and better font faces are making web designers and developers more comfortable with employing them in their websites. So what is good typography? Enter Jessica Hische.
A quick look at www.jessicahische.is will immediately enlighten you to the world of top shelf, quality typography. A look through all her work reveals a vast range of typography which mostly revolves around slab serif, color and texture. What makes her work so good?
First of all, the context is paramount. These funky fonts are all being used in a way that conveys the message as a whole within its context. The swirly custom serifs add much zest to the letters and are used as the strong brand elements for the overall identity of the messages.
The composition of the letters and the other elements in her pictures also makes the words pop quite loudly in the examples. Her work is abundant in hand drawn swirls surrounding the typography, which certainly helps to give the messages a unique feel.
This handwritten method is becoming increasingly popular, as it the clumsy fill effect for the letters. This is effective because it makes the type seem recent, alive and up to date.
With an increasing importance being placed on typography, many smaller companies are now investing in producing their own unique typography set to use across their collateral. In the past, this has only been affordable for the big businesses with the strong brands to do, such as Coke.
Spending time creating a unique typography set for your brand could give it the real identity life it needs.
Below are some examples of creative font art from industry leader Jessica Hische, and a link to her website.
- Jquery Multiple Radio Button Hide and Show Div
- Google Glass benchmark of digital class
- Stay fit with Nike FuelBand
- Microsoft scraping the Surface of Touch
- Windows 8 is slowly clawing back market share
- Bare Basics when considering Web Design
- The Importance of Performing Mobile User Testing
- 4 things to consider when beginning social media marketing
- Proof you need to make your website mobile friendly
- How Usability Testing Works for Websites
#iPhone #Siri battery life reportedly less than iPhone4. Will #Apple release new phone with it's #iPad 3 launch? Find out this March.
#Webdevelopers presenting to potential clients- how do you present? #Projector? #iPad? #Laptop? #Tablet? We recommend the #projector for now
#iPad3 from #Apple and #tech rumours of a possible A3 or #23inch #tablet to hit shelves in 2012. #jQuery #HTML #CSS #samsung #iPhone
#Samsung #galaxy #tablet flash capabilities reportedly running down battery life. #Jquery & #HTML5 still the preferred choice by #developers
#4G #iPad3 rumors in overdrive... tipping a March #release. Find out about the anticipated #new #features in our upcoming #blog
- Interactive jQuery price slider calculator
- Cracking Roundabout Touchscreen Drag Slider Carousel
- Why do couples openly communicate on Facebook?
- CMS jQuery sliders admin using php
- Unique Typgography for brand identity - a competitive edge
- 5 Free vector brand elements
- Connected Brand Experiences: Blitz agency model review